I've recently become obsessed with makeup.
Now don't get me wrong, I've always loved it. In fact if I could find a way to post the home video of me giving my cousin Jordan a make up tutorial I totally would. But I've never been one to really know how to do my own makeup. I pretty much have done my makeup the exact same for the last 10 years. And to be honest I'm fine with that routine. I know what looks good and I stick with it.
But lately I've been wanted to up my make up game. I attempted to learn to contour and that was a slight, ok major bust. I've watch about a million make up tutorials and am still not sure how to do it. I think I need someone to sit me down and walk me through it. But that's neither her nor there at this point. While I haven't mastered contouring I have added a few more steps to my makeup routine that I feel make me look a tad more polished.
Today I thought I would share some of my current make up favorites.
I am by no means a high end make up buyer. Save for a few things. I have this thing where I go to Sephora/Ulta with the intention of buying something a littler pricer that I want and then end up leaving the store with the drugstore equivalent. womp womp. But the following are a happy mix of high and low end products.
1. NYX Color Correcting Concealer - I have TERRIBLE dark circles under my eyes. It's annoying and I know I need to drink more water or something. But until I start doing those things this little palette is perfect and it's only about $11 at Target. I'm really loving the extra coverage it gives to my blemishes and dark circles.
2. Elf Lifting Undereye Concealer - For me this is the best under eye concealer I've tried. I put it over the top of the color corrector and it does WONDERS! I wasn't able to find it in any store so I finally ordered it online. Best part....its a whopping $3!
3. bareMinerals Ready Luminator- I found this little beauty at Marshalls a few weeks ago and have totally fallen in love with it. I can use it as a bronzer even though it's technically a laminator (ok so I don't actually know what the difference between those things are) but hey it works for me! :) And since I found it in the beauty section at Marshall's it was only $10, as opposed to $20.
4. Anastasia Brow Wiz- A friend of mine actually gave me this because she didn't care for it. And hello eyebrows! I LOVE IT. I've never really paid much attention to my brows, mostly because they are pretty much non-existent. But since the lovely little product has been introduced into my makeup routine it's all about the brows. I can't believe how much of a difference it makes when you fill in your brows. It's a little scary. This is one of my pricier items, but I love it so much I don't mind spending the money on it. In fact, I need a new one ASAP.
5. Master Contour Palette - I bought this a few weeks ago when I was obsessed with learning to contour. That obsession has settled down somewhat. I bought this with the intention to practice and then upgrade to a high end palette but to be honest, I'm 100% happy with this little baby. I LOVE the blush and the highlighter and when I do want a little more definition to my face this does the job pretty well!
6. bareMinerals BareSkin Foundation - I've been using the BareSkin Foundation for about 2 years and I still love it. It covers great and I can get anywhere from light to full coverage depending on how I'm feeling. And it lasts FOREVER. I've recently started buying the travel size because it lasts just as long as the full size and is cheaper! Win win!
7. Maybelline Color Whisper Lipstick- Berry Ready, Pin Up Peach, and Who Wore it Redder - This is by far my all time favorite lip stick. I have it in four different shades and wear it all the time. Sadly I can't find it in stores anymore. I especially love the Berry Ready color. I really want to find the equivalent shade in the Color Pop line!
Alrighty well there ya have it. Just a few of my favorite makeup items. I use each and every one of these products pretty much daily and I am really loving my makeup lately. I've been using the same mascara and eyeshadow for like 4 years so I didn't include them.
Have a great Wednesday friends! :)
Linking up for What's Ha-Pinning with Jenn and Jess.