Hello last week of school before Spring Break! I am so ready for you it's not even funny. Just have to get through this week and I'm home free for an entire week! oh and my birthday is next week too so yeah, I'm excited! :)
The weekend was simply heavenly. No other words are needed to describe it.
Here were the highlights! :)
- Spent the first part of my Friday having an early dinner with my friend Brandi, who's wedding I photographed two weekends ago so I could give her all her pictures! We had sushi and it was delicious. Plus it was good to hear how married life has been treating her. Be sure to come back later this week to read my dos and don'ts for photographing your first wedding.
-Spent the last part of Friday helping my bestie and beloved roommate get ENGAGED!!! Her new fiancee asked me to help him plan the proposal and it went off without a hitch if I do say so myself. She was 100% surprised and her ring gorgeous!
- This was a full on blogger day and it was epic. Ashley from The Wandering Weekenders and I had out second blate. It was just as good as the first, if not better! We drove around the city looking and taking pictures in front of several of the murals around the city of Houston. We also took some fun birthday pictures, but you'll have to wait until next week to see those, cuz you know that's when my birthday is! :) But I will give you sneak peak below!
-Had lunch at Barnaby's in The Heights area of the city. We sat outside and had the tastiest salads and chips and white queso. If you live in Houston, I highly recommend this place!
-Ended up in Rice Village, where we went into the Kendra Scott. Ashley bought her birthday piece with the 50% off and I picked out the item that I will be buying next week!
-Spent at least 45 minutes in Half-Price Books. Bookstores are always more fun with fellow book lovers. We each bought 3 books from out to-read list on Goodreads and left the store very happy campers!
- Once Ashley and I said goodbye I went home and cleaned the crap outta my room and bathroom. I didn't want to have to do it on Sunday and boy did it need it!
- Finished up the 2nd book in the Throne of Glass books. Can't wait to get my hands on the third installment, Heir of Fire!
-Enjoyed coffee in bed and started the book we're reading in my new blogger book club. We're reading The Memory Keepers Daughter and so far I'm really enjoying it.
-Laundry, laundry and more laundry.
-Sunday afternoon grocery run.
-Harry Potter Weekend! EVERY SINGLE TIME THEY SUCK ME IN!!!
- Caught up on Grey's Anatomy. I wish I could say I started House of Cards, but Jenny and I watch it together and we literally weren't home at the same time at all this weekend, save for sleeping. So we'll be starting it later this week. I'm dying to start it though!!
- Got some good blogging time in. I have 3 posts all ready to go for the week. I feel quite accomplished.
And that's about it! Pretty busy but very fun weekend! And now to get through this week so that way I can enjoy a full week off!! Come on Spring Break! :)
Happy Monday! Linking up with Biana!