To prove it to you, I decided to whip up this little post to share a few of said things. (read: I've been sitting in front of my computer for about 2 and half hours trying to 1. figure out how to start this post and 2. decide which picture I should use, oh and trying to come up with a 7th item.)
Isn't this picture neat? This was taken by yours truly during Labor Day weekend in Port Aransas, TX! :)
1. All the fun travel I have planned so far. Thus far I will be going somewhere up North in March for some Spring skiing, it could be Taos, New Mexico or it could be somewhere in Colorado. Florida for a friends wedding in May. Washington D.C. in June/July for summer vacation ( I am so excited for this trip. I have never been to our nations capitol so the history nerd/teacher in me is salivating!). Atlanta to see Jordan and experience some southern hospitality. And West Virginia for another friend's in October. I'm hoping to add a few more destinations throughout the year but those are the highlights.
2. Attending my first blog conference. Yep, you read that right. I am going to be attending the Thrive Blog Conference right here in Houston on February 27th. This will be Thrive's second year and I am so excited to meet some of my fellow bloggers and learn more about growing my blog and myself!
3. All the amazing shows starting/coming back. Fuller House, House of Cards Season 4, Game of Thrones. This is looking to be a great year for TV. And movies too, fingers crossed this is the year that the love of my fictional life, Leonardo DiCaprio, finally wins an Oscar!
4. Moving into my very own apartment all on my own! I am so excited to share this news. I've been thinking about it for a few weeks and I finally decided that it is time to branch out on my own and live by myself. I have always and I mean ALWAYS had roommates. But I'm gonna be 28 this year and I think it's time that I finally own my own couch and other furniture. I am so excited to share all about my experience on my little space of the interwebs and of course to start decorating! :) This particular event isn't happening until August so I have plenty of time to really get used to the idea and to buy everything I'm going to need. (Sidetone: I NEED EVERYTHING).
5. Being at the same school for another year. This will be the first year that I have worked at a school for 2 years in a row. I'm excited for this prospect because it means that I won't have to learn the ropes at a new school and I'll be teaching the same content again. Basically I'm gonna be there best 8th grade US History teacher ever. So yeah...I'm awesome. ; )
6. Getting my first tattoo. AHHH!! I literally never thought I would ever say this, but yes it's true. My best friend Ashley and I are finally going to get our matching Deathly Hallows tattoos. I know we're so cool, Harry Potter nerds forever. We plan to get them sometime this summer. It's going to be a very small, very tasteful tattoo just on the inside of my left wrist I think. That way it can be covered with a bracelet or watch if I need to. We are so excited!
7. Turning 28. Now I know this should probably scare the shit out of me. But it doesn't. I think I'm looking forward to turning 28. I think. Talk to me in about 2 months when it actually happens but I going in with the outlook that my late 20s are going to be the best. Fingers crossed I'm right and fingers crossed turing 28 also finally means meeting someone. As in a boy. 2015 kinda laughed in my face in the romance department. Here's to hoping 2016 and my 28th year on this Earth just lightly chuckles and then points me in the right direction.
Woo hoo! All the things to look forward to and it's only the 6th day of January! (Thank you Flynn Ryder for the line inspiration).
What are you most looking forward to in 2016? Travel? Tv Shows? Love? Travel? Your job? Being more independent? Do tell!
Linking up with Jenn and Jessi for: