Well it's the start of a a brand new week! My weekdays are about to look a whole lot different too. Volleyball officially ended two weeks ago and last week basketball started. Yep you read that right, not only am I coaching volleyball but I'm also coaching basketball. And I know even less about that sport than I did about volleyball. So there ya go. On top of that, I'm going from having practices after school to having them before school. So when I say my weekdays are about to look a lot different I mean that they'll be starting at 4:30am everyday. YIKES! But at least I will have my afternoons free and open! :)
Alrighty on to my weekend. It's highlights included:
-Realizing it was my blogs 5 year anniversary! I can be really bad about dates sometimes so when I looked at Facebook on Friday afternoon and saw that my best friend Ashley had shared that I had posted a link to my blog on her Facebook with a comment about that happening in 2010, I was shocked. I've been typing away about the last 5 years of my life on my little space of the internet and didn't even realize it. So expect a whole post dedicated to this later in the week! :)
- A trip to the Houston Renaissance Festival was planned and then canceled due to inclement weather. But said trip has been rescheduled for next weekend! Fingers crossed the weather is as good as it was yesterday!
- Dinner and movie. Dinner was Torchy's Tacos a Texas staple and movie was Bridge of Spies. If you love Tom Hanks, Steven Spielberg and historically based films you'll like this.
- Brady has found a new place to hang out.
- A relaxing Saturday afternoon, where the majority of the day was spent in PJs.
- One of my favorite authors released a new book.
- I'm itching to put up my Christmas decor just like everyone else in the world. But I have a roommate who is against that practice until after Thanksgiving. So I'm enjoying a few more weeks of Fall decor before I bust out all my Christmas stuff. (PS. as soon as she's outta town....it's happening)
- A Sunday afternoon trip to Target was in order. They've really stepped up their Christmas decor game this year. I've been pretty disappointed with what they've had the last 2 years but this year, it took all I had to not buy one of everything.
- Enjoyed some much needed relaxation time in the comfort of my bed. Nothing is better than a cup of coffee and bed.
Don't forget to go and enter the giveaway from Thursday's post! You could win you or a friend one of these super cute coffee cozies! They'd make a great Christmas gift! :)
- Had a few people over to celebrate my friend Whitney's birthday. Jenny made her super yummy turkey chili (click here to head to Jenny's blog for the recipe). There was some great conversation and lots of laughter! It was a great way to wrap up a fun and relaxing weekend! :)
Well there ya have it! I'm a fan of weekends like this last one.
Have a great Monday friends!
Linking up with Biana: