The Norris Family- Thanksgiving 2015
Well the first holiday of the holiday season has come and gone. And I have to say, after 5 days off it's gonna be really hard to go back to work. Bright side? We only have 3 weeks of school and then we're out for Christmas break! So yeah, I think I can handle that!
Alrighty so on to my Thanksgiving! It was good. Really good. It was weird because this was the first Thanksgiving that we weren't surrounded by a ton of family. It was just my mom, dad, brother and myself this year. I thought it was going to be awful but it was surprisingly nice. Laid back and easy and nice.
Here were the highlights:
- A lovely 10 hour drive with my two fur babies.
-Football, football, and more football on while we got all the fixings for Thanksgiving dinner ready. (Ok lets be real my fabulous Mother made literally everything and it was delicious).
-Pie making! The one thing I did contribute was the making of the Pecan Pie. I made the pies last year and did such a good job on the pecan pie (easiest recipe ever, all you do is follow the exact recipe on the back of the Karo bottle).
- Using my fancy camera and the fireplace mantel to snap some family pictures (the family one at the beginning of the post and these as well.)
(My dad HATES taking pictures. It's a miracle we got him to pose for that top one!)
-Did the tiniest bit of Black Friday shopping. I'm not usually one who likes to brave the crowds on Black Friday. The crowds are just not worth it to me. But mom asked me to come and by a new washing machine with her and then we shopped around a bit after that.
-Lots of reading was done. I finished up a whole book and it has become one of my all time favorites, it's called The Storyteller and is by Jodi Picoult. Stay tuned for a review on it later this week!
- Ate lots of leftovers!
- Went to the movies with my mom and brother. We saw The Night Before. It was funny and surprisingly sentimental! There moments that required several eye rolls but for the most part it was very funny!
-More shopping. I bought myself an extra special Christmas present that I cannot wait to show off! I'm gonna keep it a secret for now but I cannot WAIT to show it off next week. Yeah...I have to wait till next week, because that's when it'll come in the mail. But don't worry. It's a good one. :)
- Got to spend time with my best friend Ashley and her family. I got to see my sweet niece Lacey who is 8 months old now!! Where is time going! Last time I saw her she was only 2 months and boy has she changed! lol I can't wait to see her again at Christmas!
-More football and more leftovers.
-Got to break out all my winter clothing. It was freezing in El Paso. Lets hope Houston gets the message!
- Another 10 hour drive back to H-town with the fur babies. Thank goodness they travel well!
Well there ya have it. A pretty fabulous 5 day holiday weekend! Now to make it through the next 3 weeks! Which I know will just FLY BY!! :) At least I hope it will......
I hope each and everyone of you had a fantastic Thanksgiving!
Linking up with Biana!