In case you missed it from my many many mentions of it last week........ today is the FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!! And my mind keeps flipping between these two scenes:
But I'm pleased to report that my classroom is ready and my outfit is picked out and I'm ready to tackle the first day back with 130 students! I plan to share my classroom later this week and I am super excited to do so.
So the weekend passed very quickly. I had an exciting Saturday and a relaxing Sunday. So all in all it was pretty good.
Here were the highlights:
- Friday night was a quiet night. Where I ate the strangest mix of foods for dinner, it included coleslaw, mac and cheese, lobster crab bisque, a small tomato and avocado salad, and a spoon full of cookie butter. All in small portions. Still totally random and weird.
- Friends was watched Friday night, Saturday night, and all day Sunday.
- Saturday I went up to school and put the finishing touches on my classroom and got some of the paper work side of teaching together and ready to go.
- My good friend Ashtyn and I took a trip to the Houston Holocaust Museum. I had been wanting to visit the museum since I heard that Houston had one and it was incredibly moving. The creators of the museum have done a phenomenal job.
- Dinner at a favorite Mexican food restaurant.
- Watched one of my all time favorite movies from the 1950s, Gidget. Makes me wish I lived in the 50s in California.
- Printed out 112ish Instagram pictures at Walgreens. Some are going up in my classroom, but the majority of them are for a Pinterest project I have been meaning to re-create for my bedroom and am finally going to do.
-Made a list of goals I want to accomplish this year as far as teaching goes. Which I will be sharing along with my classroom on Wednesday.
-Reminisced about the amazing summer I had via Instagram.
And that's a wrap for my weekend! It was a perfect ending to the summer. I'm really excited for tomorrow but also have the usual first day of school nerves. Fingers crossed I can sleep tonight! :)
Here's hoping it's a great year!
Linking up with Biana!