Well the last weekend of summer has come and gone. Today it's officially back to school time for all teachers across Texas and in several other states. Technically I went back last week but today is my first official paid day, so it counts more then the rest.
Sidenote: It seriously feels like summer just started. I'm a little in awe of the fact that we're starting another school year. My 3rd year to be exact. But there will be a whole post dedicated to that next week.
So....my last weekend of summer was not at all exciting. I didn't have a last hurrah or anything like that, but there were a few highlights. And here they were:
-Friday I got to see my classroom for the first time and meet some of the other new teachers at my school! There are quite a few of us. Y'all, my new school has exceeded all my expectations...so far. I mean I knew that it was gonna be good from Jenny (since she works there too), but man. I'm in love.
- New "coaching" attire was purchased! I bought my first pair of new tennis shoes in about.....6 years I think. Yeah I know! My old shoes just weren't going to cut it anymore. Oh and I've finally discovered the wonder that is the Nike short. How I've gone so long without those in my life I will never know.
-Saturday was spent at school getting my classroom semi-set up. It's not complete at all (and when it is, I'll be doing a whole post one it), but I've gotten most of my stuff up. Just need some tweaking here and there. These are before pictures. I LOVE how big it is. So much space and so clean! Especially compared to my last classroom, which was tiny and smelled like mold and mildew all year.
- Cleaned and got the house and my bedroom ready for the week.
- Napping on the couch. (Which totally threw off my sleep schedule for Sunday night. This is why I don't take naps.)
- My face decided to have a nice little breakout session (ok this isn't a highlight but still) and I'm just thrilled especially when I have to meet a ton of new people today.
- Watched this fun video! I think I watched it about 6 different times. LOVE the 30s and 40s looks!