So....you may notice that things look a little different around here! I am beyond happy with my new design. I was looking for something feminine, clean, and simple. And the people over at Designer Blogs provided all of those things in this design. They are super affordable and the template was crazy easy to install. And I'm happy to report that I did a lot of the other new additions you see all by myself! I figured out how to install the Instagram widget and the social media widgets all on my own (with the help of handy Youtube videos). There is just something so satisfying about doing stuff yourself, isn't there?!
I still have a few things to add to the design before it's exactly where I want it. And I'm hoping the last few elements will be ready and installed later this week. But AH I just love it.
Now on to my weekend. It was pretty low key, but there were some exciting things thrown in there too.
Here were the highlights:
- Friday I went to see The Gift with my roomie and her BF. I give it 3 stars. If I'm honest the previews made it better then it seem better than it actually ended up being.
- The majority of Saturday was spent revamping the blog. I had Jenny take some pictures of me for my new "About me" sidebar. I was VERY pleased with how they came out. Here were some of my favorites.
(Pictures were taken with my Canon Rebel T-5 and my 50 mm lens)
- Fresh fruit was purchased and eaten for breakfast. It was/is delicious.
- Bonding time with my fur babies. Thursday I drove to pick them up from my parents and Friday we had some quality bonding time in the car on the way back to Houston. This is the closest they were willing to be to each other since we got home.
- Sunday I went to brunch with my friend Sandra. We taught together last year and I will miss seeing her face every day. If you're in the Houston area and are looking for a yummy brunch place, check out Pecan Creek Grill. It is in the energy corridor off of I-10 and it is delicious. Get the migas. You won't regret it.
- Napping Sunday afternoon.
- Did some virtual window shopping via Modcloth and Shopruche. I want this to be my first day of school outfit. I'm itching to do some back to school shopping.
- Watched about 5 of these videos. If you've never seen Matt Bellasai's "Whine About It" videos, stop what your doing right now and watch this one and then go to Youtube and watch all of his other ones because they are HILARIOUS and completely accurate.