Well it is Monday so it's time to share some of my weekend highlights. It was a pretty great weekend, considering I am now at home with my parents for the next two weeks. (Save for this week anyway!)
So my weekend highlights included:
- Finishing up the Girl on the Train via audiobook on my 10 hour drive across Texas. Expect a review later this week!
- Started What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty, also via Audiobook. So far I'm a fan. The book is about a woman who passes out at the gym, hits her head, and when she comes to she's forgotten the last 10 years of her life. I cannot even imagine that happening. Especially since if that happened to me, I would think I was 17! Yikes.
- Saw and posted a picture of Prince George's first appearance on the balcony at Buckingham Palace. The royal family appeared on the balcony after attending the Queen's Trooping of the Colour. This event is done every year to celebrate the Queen's official birthday, she turned 89 this year. I actually got to see this event in 2004 when I was in London. It was by far the coolest thing I have ever seen. Such an amazing display of pageantry and tradition! I loved it.
- Went to the movies with my brother. We saw Entourage. I LOVED IT. It echoed the series in a great way. Ari Gold will forever be one of my all time favorite TV characters.
- Enjoyed a relaxing Saturday afternoon with a Sonic drink and Friends. I don't care how old I am or how old the show gets, Friends will always be funny to me.
-Celebrated Father's Day early with dinner at a delicious steak house here in El Paso with the family. Including my brother's new girlfriend. This is the first girl he's ever introduced the family too. She's a lawyer and is very nice and sweet. I approve.
- Decided to re-read Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. Why? Because it's here and all I have right now are Audiobooks and I don't want to listen to them if I'm not in the car. I dunno just weird. Also because um hello....it's Harry Potter, that in an of itself is reason enough.
- Spent a lazy Sunday at home with my parents. It was delightful. Mom cooked an amazing dinner. I swear that is one of the best parts of being home. Mom's cooking! :)
- Watched the new Lifetime show, UnReal. If you haven't heard of it, it's a new series about about a reality show like the Bachelor, but shows all the manipulations that goes on behind the cameras. Apparently its written by an ex producer of the Bachelor itself. I'm pretty hooked already.
- Finished out the weekend by watching the season finale of Game of Thrones.
(Skip this next part if you haven't seen the finale.....SPOILERS!!)
1. I cannot believe the season is already over and we have to wait a whole year (maybe more since George R.R. Martin hasn't even finished the next book) until the next season. 2. NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I did not see that ending coming and when it happened, I started hyperventilating (just a tad) and sobbing ( a lot). It was awful. I didn't get to watch it on HBO because my parents don't have the channel, so I watched it on HBO Go. Nor did I get to watch it right when it started so I made sure to stay away from Facebook to avoid spoilers. After I watched I immediately jumped on the app on my phone and was glad I had stayed away. Here were a few of the memes I saw posted on Instrgram and Facebook that I thought were appropriate:
Sounds about right.
Well that wraps up my weekend. Started great and ended in tears.
Have great week, lovelies! I know I will! :)
Linking up with Biana!