Now the only reason I'm happy it's Monday is because: one it's a only a four day week, no school for Good Friday and two we're going through state testing today and tomorrow so it's going to be a pretty easy week. It will be a semi-relaxing two days. And pretty boring because all I can do is watch my students take the state test. Boring. But it's a 4 day week! WOO HOO
So my weekend was great! Here were the highlights!
- Finished up Season 2 of House of Cards. Holy jeeze this show is amazing. And I've heard that the end of season 3 is even more amazing and shocking.
- I attended an animal shelter adoption event at the Houston Midtown Eatery with the roomie and some friends. Jenny is on the board of a non-kill shelter called Special Pals in Katy. If you live in Houston and are interested in adopting a cat or dog they have a ton of adorable pets looking for good homes!
- It was officially decided that I myself will be adopting this adorable little kitten! Say hello to Brady! He will be joining my little family in a few weeks. He's about 3 weeks old right now and as soon as he is weaned off his momma he gets to come home with me! #sadieandbrady
- Tried out a restaurant I've never been to this weekend. It's called Jimmy Chongas. It's a mexican food restaurant. Good but nothing to write home about.
-Hung out with some Disney friends who also moved to Houston when I did last July.
- Pictures for another outfit post were taken. Be on the look out for my first one later this week!
- Some polishing was done in the Essie color Butler Please. I don't usually go for blues on my nails (I'm more of a pink and red kinda girl) but I got this for my birthday and really like it!
- Lots of time was spent outside because the weather was amazing this weekend. Makes me very excited for summer.
-Went to the Houston Kite Festival at Hermann Park. It was the first time I had ever flown a kite and it made me want to watch Mary Poppins.
- Watched more of The Office - can I just say that if you haven't seen Season 3 Episode 1 of this show you need to get on that asap. It is HILARIOUS. (I may or may not be watching it as I type this.)
- First time in months I've been able to wear shorts because of the amazing weather we had this weekend.
Very nice little weekend! Lots of time spent out of doors which was lovely. Lots of time was spent with friends and little fur babies which was even lovelier. Hope you had a great weekend too! :)
Linking up with Biana!