But y'all, September was the most stressful month I've had in many many moons. I honestly don't even know where to start.
So to get myself at least back in the saddle, I'm gonna do a quick run down of my month of September but writing a very special letter to the month of September.
I'm glad you're over. You were stressful and annoying and I will not miss you. I did have a few good moments and I'm thankful for those moments. But nonetheless I'm glad to see you go. Here are the things that were fantastic about you and then again not so fantastic. In no particular order:
- I've settled in quite nicely after my first full official month in Houston. There is a ton to day in this city and it's been fun exploring.
- Unfortunately my job is another story all together. I'm miserable at my new school. I could ramble on and on about this but I'll be dedicating a whole post to this topic so that's all I'm gonna say about it for now. Plus it's depressing to think about.
- I finally experienced Painting with a Twist, it was so fun! I highly recommend it! Especially the class my roommate Jenny, my friend Ashtyn and I did. We sent in pictures of our beloved pets and the artist teaching the class drew out pictures onto canvas and then we painted them! So Sadie is now forever immortalized in a painting painted by MOI!!
Here is the finished product! Not too shabby if I do say so myself!
- I joined Match.com. EEEKKK!! I told myself that when I got settled in Houston I would make the plunge and go for it. Again don't want to get into too much detail because obviously this too is whole post of its own worthy. But I will tell you....I HAVE A DATE ON SATURDAY!!!
- I started working out last month. And I'm not just talking about a few runs on the treadmill, I'm talking personal trainer with two friends. Now THAT is serious business my friends. In fact it's so serious that by the time some of you read this I will already be up and working out at 5:15 in the morning! Yikes. Who the heck am I.
- I miss Disney. Like a lot. More than I thought I would. Especially since Epcot's Food and Wine Festival aka the best time of the year is here. So is Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. Sad face. I miss my Disney family most of all though.
- The month of September also saw the official decision to GO TO EUROPE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes on July 17 I will find my self starting a 16 tour of 6, count em 6 different European countries!!! I believe that deserves a mulitide of exclamation points!!!!!!!!!! Obviously more to come on this too!
Lastly because of the this trip to Europe and in an effort to be more money conscious. The month of October is officially dubbed as "#Notober". What does that mean? Basically it means that other than the essentials, IE. rent, bills, basic foods. We are not doing anything that requires spending extra money. This too will be documented on le blog. So far so good. But then it is only Oct 2.
Well there ya have it, September. I suppose there weren't as many things wrong with as I thought when I started this letter to you. But still, I'm glad to see you end. Here's to hoping October is a better month. Because I WILL be blogging from now on. Since work blows I need something to help distract me from the fact that I hate going to work everyday (well most days anyway).
See ya next year September,