So over the weekend, I was browsing through my Facebook albums when I stumbled on one I created when I first started using Facebook. The album is entitled "High School" and has the following heading: "All these pictures are of me in high school. You know...cheerleading and stuff." (There are no pictures of me doing any cheering and yes I was a cheerleader in high school, which shouldn't surprise any of you at all).
It made me realize a few things about myself in high school.
1. I hardly took any pictures in high school at all, because I didn't have a camera. Well I didn't have a digital camera, so all the pictures I did take were with a film camera. And most of said pictures from said camera are floating around my mom's house back in Texas.
(Prom Fall 2005)
2. That I didn't hate high school like the majority of people say they did. But I talk to exactly 2 people from high still.
3. Apparently my clothes had to match. Everything in this picture is turquoise....even my shoes (which you cannot see cuz this picture sucks.)
(San Francisco 2006)
4. Selfies were a thing, way before Instagram. (PS. I apologize for this picture. I'm sure I thought I was real cool while I was taking it. Now I know better.)
(Trip to California 2006)
5. I clearly paid lots of attention in English class while we were studying the Classics.
(AP English 2005, clearly it was Halloween.)
6. I thought I could maybe be a model someday. (I'm also really glad I moved to Florida because I'm no where near as pale as I was in high school)
(Drama field trip to Austin, TX for the UIL state competition Spring 2005. I don't remember taking this picture at all.)
7. Cheer camp in the summer of 2005 is why I hate pulling my bangs straight back.
(Cheer camp in Ruisdoso, NM summer 2005)
There are exactly 8 photos in that Facebook album. And I'm really wishing there were more because I would have more to share with y'all AND I would have more pictures to make fun of. Because I may have been super involved in high school but my choice in clothing was seriously questionable.
Plus it's always fun to take a walk down memory lane.
So what does looking at old high school pictures of YOU make you realize about yourself in high school?